Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica Electro 35 GSN
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Yashica Electro 35 GSN Reply with quote

Colour shots - AGFA vistaPLUS 200. B+W - Ilford XP2 400

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots! I've got an Electro 35 GT that I have yet to use. I haven't come up with a replacement battery setup for it yet. So, I'm curious -- what are you using for a battery or batteries?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Great shots! I've got an Electro 35 GT that I have yet to use. I haven't come up with a replacement battery setup for it yet. So, I'm curious -- what are you using for a battery or batteries?

Hi Michael,

Ah use, http://www.yashica-guy.com/index.html

Yashica guy's adaptors along with this one from the web (can't find the address)...

476A battery in the UK - think it's A544 in US. The one pictured is about half the price of Yashica guy's but Y-guy's site is a great source for all things Yashica.

Cheers, Boab Cool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp shots.

The 476a you mentioned is £2 from http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_4lr44.htm?4lr44,GP,Vinnic,Eveready,476A

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need an adapter. Just stack a CR123A battery with 2 LR44 batteries and you'll get your 6 volts and the stack will fit without an adapter. To make it easier to handle wrap a bit of tape around the edges of the 2 LR44s.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dof wrote:
You don't need an adapter. Just stack a CR123A battery with 2 LR44 batteries and you'll get your 6 volts and the stack will fit without an adapter. To make it easier to handle wrap a bit of tape around the edges of the 2 LR44s.

Excellent! Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You don't need an adapter. Just stack a CR123A battery with 2 LR44 batteries and you'll get your 6 volts and the stack will fit without an adapter. To make it easier to handle wrap a bit of tape around the edges of the 2 LR44s."

It's not a good idea tae mix chemistries in batteries. Ye can get overheating and leakage, which'll lead tae inaccurate metering etc. Use only lithium, or only alkaline together. A single 6v lasts longer, is more consistent and more convenient. Ye can use bubble wrap and a coil if ye don't want tae outlay $4/5 for an adaptor. They're easy enough tae make, if yer inclined. Laughing

Quotes aren't working?