Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Assorted Macros with Rodenstock Magnagon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Assorted Macros with Rodenstock Magnagon Reply with quote

Magnagon 5.6/75 on bellows on my NEX-3, all are stacked from many images.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 for me, but great results all around.

What is #4?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. #3 is my fave too, and also the most challenging, over 100 shots stitched, 2 hours to shoot, 4 hours to compile in PS.

#4 is a nylon inner pillow case.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting to prep for a long, dark winter to have something to do inside?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Klaus, with the constant rain here, it's a case of find an indoor shooting possibility or give up photography until spring.

As you are somewhat of an expert, I would appreciate any technical observations good or bad you can make, I'm not touchy about this work as I'm very much a beginner, so if you see something 'bad' or 'wrong' don't be reticent about pointing it out, it only helps me. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the last shot, the parts pointing towards the viewer are very distracting, almost feels like they will poke into my eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good work! Especially the first three! Lens is an interesting find, I've never seen a Magnagon.... seems that I missed something Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Alex, I wanted to get them in focus too but I ran out of battery.

Cheers Soren, I have a lot to learn but I'm off to a good start I think. The Magnagon is a fixed aperture version of the APO-Rodagon-D for Linos scanner machines, I found this one dirt cheap new and boxed on ebay.