Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing loaned Canon FD 55mm/1.2 S.S.C. aspherical
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: testing loaned Canon FD 55mm/1.2 S.S.C. aspherical Reply with quote

samples using E-M5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally different rendering to the 1.2/58 I had for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to hear your thoughts about using this lens in terms of sharpness, feel, rendering, focus-precision, flare/suppression, colours, how much post-processing it needs and what kind. This has long been my lusty holy grail lens; so much has been written about how it's one of the two or three best normal lenses ever made (154 lp/mm wide open, etc.) and I've always loved what pictures I've seen people take with it on the net. Plus, it's sexy-looking!

Basically... can you talk dirty to me about it? Razz haha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverine, were these wide open? Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

listera wrote:
Wolverine, were these wide open? Shocked

first one is, i wanted to show bokeh and it was in shade, others are stopped at least at f2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful.
one of my fav 1.2 lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great presentation as always , thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, wanna have!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics.

Wide open i guess it shows better contrast than resolution power.

CA something strong specialy in oof.

That seems to be the no good point of the lens.

The rest of the images put the lens in easy circumstances. Good light to see details and normal contrast.

Anyways they are beauty pics.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DR.JUAN wrote:
The rest of the images put the lens in easy circumstances. Good light to see details and normal contrast.

circumstances are those that i came across coming home from photo fair. i tend not to influence circumstances when i take photos, i only influence camera and lens settings

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeec wrote:
I'd love to hear your thoughts about using this lens in terms of sharpness, feel, rendering, focus-precision, flare/suppression, colours, how much post-processing it needs and what kind. This has long been my lusty holy grail lens; so much has been written about how it's one of the two or three best normal lenses ever made (154 lp/mm wide open, etc.) and I've always loved what pictures I've seen people take with it on the net. Plus, it's sexy-looking!

Basically... can you talk dirty to me about it? Razz haha

well, it's a large chunk of glass, much larger than oly 55mm/1.2 and it's almost twice as heavy. this lens weighs 550g, oly weighs 305g.
it's very susceptible to flare, so hood is a must in sunny conditions. it can be focused pretty precise (magnification option on my E-M5 really help), but if you don't focus precise enough purple CA shows up. wide open is soft (in daylight) and somewhat loses contrast(without hood), but stopped to f2 regains sharpness and contrast. i'll take it out at night along with oly 55mm/1.2 for comparative testing to see how it performs in it's intended purpose.
as for post-processing, it doesn't require much different processing than other lenses, adjustment of black point in levels, maybe adding contrast depending on the shot.

other impressions of this lens i'll add later

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to see your comparing shots between the Olympus and the Canon.
I have both, too, but still no (digital) camera to use the Canon.

Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super super super lens!