Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trioplan 17mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Trioplan 17mm Reply with quote

Wide open f2.8, you can see even here it is relatively sharp (sorry for the overexposure)

Stopped down to f5.6 it is quite pleasing

Can't wait for daylight so I can see what the real potential is for this lens...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took some outside shots... haven't gotten the crazy trioplan bokeh yet, don't really expect to with such a wide lens, but definitely has interesting bokeh... colors flare and distort significantly towards the edges, which are also quite soft...

Contrast is really low, vignettes at f16 on the Nikon 1 (so it'd be significantly worse on m4/3)

Contrast and color saturation boosted in these photos, since no one is buying these lenses for a natural/neutral rendering anyway... I will reiterate what I noted initially - this is a sharp lens in the center! I've seen some of these lenses with fixed focus, this one has a focus ring and most of its range is between under 1 foot (1 foot is the first mark though) and 10 foot, then it goes to 20 foot and then infinity within a fraction of space...

Wide open, f2.8

Stopped down all the way, f16, I expected diffraction to result in a far softer image than what I got...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing it ! I never seen any shoot from this lens before!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite pleased with it, and I suspect that as I learn to better understand its qualities, I will get far better photos...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the bokeh (willow) hmmmm. Very interesting. Ty for sharing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really interesting lens!