Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MC Volna 9 on 5DII first pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: MC Volna 9 on 5DII first pictures Reply with quote

There is couple of pictures with new old lens on Canon 5DII.

Pri_Volna_9_MG_9469 by bojsha1965, on Flickr

Pri_Volna_9_MG_9391 by bojsha1965, on Flickr

Pri_Volna_9_MG_9408 by bojsha1965, on Flickr

Best to all, till next time...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shots,this is one of the few Macro lenses I don't own, will have to hunt one down.Welcome by the way.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed! The Volna 9 was my favorite lens for a while...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one of the very few soviet lens that I own and almost never used it. Last time I used it, I was not very pleased by it, for some reason. But your shots are nice.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Volna 9 is a decent macro and close up lens. It does double duty though for me. It is slightly soft wide open and gives a sublime effect similar to a number 1 Softar filter. (Only I think it's better.) It's great for flattering portraits of women. The star shaped aperture can produce interesting bokeh effects stopped down but I prefer the super smooth bokeh wide open or stopped down a click. All in all a very interesting lens with a lot of character and versatility. The opposite of today's optimized-for-digital lenses.

Great photos, love the color!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volna means "wool" in Slovenian language. This is probably valid for few Slovan languages. And it is cold outside. Let's shoot with some Volna!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Volna means "wool" in Slovenian language. This is probably valid for few Slovan languages. And it is cold outside. Let's shoot with some Volna!

But it means "wave" in russian Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

Interesting. I went to Google translate and it seems two expressions variants are used in Slovan languages for wool: Volna (Vuna, Vlna) and Lana.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
BurstMox wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

Interesting. I went to Google translate and it seems two expressions variants are used in Slovan languages for wool: Volna (Vuna, Vlna) and Lana.

Interesting, and wool in ukranian is "Vovna", maybe linked too... and in french, wool is Laine, so looks like slovan language take from latin and slavian roots.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
BurstMox wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

But it means "wave" in russian :)

Lana is wool in italian too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volna means "not engaged" (girl) in Czech Cool

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
Volna means "not engaged" (girl) in Czech Cool

I like that version most. Better then fabrics, and other stuff.
Thanks for welcomes and kind words, this is fun lense.