Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Early Jupiter-3 Kiev mount on A7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Early Jupiter-3 Kiev mount on A7 Reply with quote

Hi,

I finaly managed to fix the problem with aperture on this lens.

It's an early Jupiter-3, transition between the ZK and Jupiter-3. It has the "ears" and the copper nose of the ZK, so maybe glasses are also from Zeiss.
The glass are not in mint condition, and namering suffered from very nervous ex-owner, but it doesn't interfer with the IQ.
Here is the lens :

And some photos :

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good! The shot of the man with the pigeons is absolutely fantastic Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a early J-3 and a pre-war Zeiss Sonnar and judging by these samples, I'd say yours performs as good as both, and to be honest the only difference I have ever found is the Sonnar is a tiny bit sharper wide open.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I have a early J-3 and a pre-war Zeiss Sonnar and judging by these samples, I'd say yours performs as good as both, and to be honest the only difference I have ever found is the Sonnar is a tiny bit sharper wide open.

Certainly. I'm interested to know if it's zeiss only for historical concerns. If it make it more or less sharp is not a big deal for me. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures . I like very mich the one with the pigeons and the man.
How can you adapt this Kiev mount to your A7 and focus?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely captured.
Well done.
I am particularly interested in why the driverless Mercedes truck is not touching the ground and seems to have left no tyre prints.
Very interesting
OH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shot with the guy and pigeons, the motion makes it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

memetph wrote:
Nice pictures . I like very mich the one with the pigeons and the man.
How can you adapt this Kiev mount to your A7 and focus?

I do adapters from Kiev cameras. Here is one : https://pp.vk.me/c621328/v621328486/2990/dkuEXrSoeYA.jpg

You also can find such adapters on ebay.

Quote:
I am particularly interested in why the driverless Mercedes truck is not touching the ground and seems to have left no tyre prints.

That's a good question Shocked
Well, It has been here for some days, so maybe the wind/rain has erased the prints.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:

That's a good question Shocked
Well, It has been here for some days, so maybe the wind/rain has erased the prints.

It sitting on supports - so yes tyres are not touching ground. I guess that it is some kind of small crane.

Anyway - great photos that drive me towards getting sonnar or jupiter-3.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Looking good! The shot of the man with the pigeons is absolutely fantastic Very Happy

Agree, pigeon shot is fabulous.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shots, technically the lens looks great too.