Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

55mm f/1.8 Takumar: Super-Takumar or Super-Multi-Coated?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: 55mm f/1.8 Takumar: Super-Takumar or Super-Multi-Coated? Reply with quote

I have the chance to buy either or both. Super-Tak is $40 but the Super-Multi-Coated is $55. Are there any significant advantages/differences between the both to justify the price difference?

Last edited by winmazing on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go for the smc. it has newer coating.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 55mm f/1.8 Takumar: Super-Takumar or Super-Multi-Coated? Reply with quote

winmazing wrote:
I have the chance to buy either or both. Super-Tak is $40 but the SMC is $55. Are there any significant advantages/differences between the both to justify the price difference?

The smc should have better flare resistance and slightly higher contrast. The super has a more delicate and vintage look.
Both are very good imho.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had no SuperTak experience but I believe SMC version is more flare prone as super multi coated. I own SMC 55/1.8. It's great little thing which is able to produce wonderful results. It's color tones remind me many much more expensive lenses. It also has very nice OOF rendering. But something tells me you won't be disappointed with any of Taks Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price difference is minimal, so I'd get the SMC. Easier to resell later as well.