Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Advantages of Flektogon 20mm f/4???
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Advantages of Flektogon 20mm f/4??? Reply with quote

I have beautiful Flektogon 20mm f/4 in my collection. But I have to say that I don't use it very often, almost never. So can anyone tell me what is real advantage of this lens (photo or video)? Can it be coopered to modern lens like canon 17-45 or 16-35?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which one do you have? could you post a picture about?
I'll be not surprise if a good version of your Flekton will beat easily a 17-40 or 16-35!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it a lot, I like the fov on aps-c: actually it's one of my most used lenses.
It's sharp enough (even if corners are reported as not extremely good) for my needs even wide open, even if I use it mostly between f5.6 and f11, it has a pleasant rendering, but its most remarkable ability is the lack of distortion. My version (a late zebra one) has also quite good flare resistance (better not point it towards the sun, though).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the zebra version. Center sharp from f/8. The best aperture in my copy wAs f/16.

Almost 0 distortion.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you mean when you say 0 distortion. I tried couple of times and there is distortion, maybe less then other lenses but exist. Do you mean that distortion that this lens have is easy to fix in ACR?