Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Could this be my lucky day?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Could this be my lucky day? Reply with quote

I have a feeling, this could be a lucky day for me.

Found this camera set for 20 euro's. It could arrive to day.

I'm pretty sure this is a Rollei SL35, and it comes with a couple of lenses Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Rollei has round edges. What about Yashica Super TL?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm you might be right!
I thought the flash looked like a Rollei one, but the body looks more like a Yashica indeed.

Now lets see.....the lenses can vary from very nice to extremely crappy Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a gamble, but probably worth it for €20!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not Rollei SL35, they have a big metering button on the top and a different shape to the prism.

The shutter button is very Pentax, but it's not one I've got.

Anyway, I'll give you 21 Euro's for it and chance being bitten. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera's not a Pentax, I don't think, and the telephoto lens on the right looks very like a Soligor 5.5/300mm.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not rollei sl 35.

Has not the photometer on-off.

Sl 35E? I don't think so. The shutter conyrol is not so modern.

The sl 35 M is no so thin, I guess.

It's seems a M42 body.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever it is, the case alone is worth more Than what you paid.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
The camera's not a Pentax, I don't think, and the telephoto lens on the right looks very like a Soligor 5.5/300mm.

Well you could be right but to me it looks like a Pentax Spotmatic.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess you made a good deal. Something between nice to have and fantastic!

Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with the Yashica assessment. The film counter set off to the very edge is a Yashica trait. Which model though would be hard to tell until you see the front of it, but I think it might be the TL-Electro. It will be interesting to see what lenses came with it - there is obviously more than €20 worth of stuff there!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your mystery box!

Once I took a similar gamble on a bunch of stuff with a bad photo / description, all I could really see was several lenses and a body with angular lines reminiscent of an Exakta.

Unfortunately the seller didn't accept the payment, didn't communicate with me, and needless to say didn't ship my stuff Sad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find! Let us know what it is!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:
I received the set just half an hour ago. It's indeed a Yashica Super TL.

The lenses are:
Yashica DS 50/1.9. I've heard this is a good lens, I'll test it and probably keep it.
Albinar 35/2.8: Anybody ever used this lens? Build quality is actually pretty solid. And is has a stepless aperture.
And indeed, as DigiChromeEd already mentioned, the big lens is a Soligor 300mm f/5.5. It's build like a tank, pretty impressive.
I'll probably sell that one on ebay because it is a bit ridiculous on my m4/3 camera's.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, that was worth every cent. The Yashica lens is supposed to be very good, that was worth what you paid for everything!

I've just been using the Soligor 300 5.5 on my Sony nex and it's not a really bad lens. It's very useable in the mid range f stops. And it has a tripod foot so it's not a strain on a small camera.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already put the Soligor on Ebay. It almost looks like it's brand new. Very nice mechanically wise, but not practical for me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a fair deal, just try it with film as well.