Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Takumar 55mm f/2 - autumn colours
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Super Takumar 55mm f/2 - autumn colours Reply with quote

Hi,

A few feeks ago I bought Super Takumar 55mm f/2 and it is my first Takumar lens (not last, that's for sure). It was bought cheaply out of curiosity about this Takumar thing. Now I know why Takumars has such great opinions, it renders beautifully, it's small, focus is incredibly smooth and it gives so much pleasure while using.

I didn't have much time to use it properly, however I notice that some autumn has come so I decided to give Takumar a try. All photos shot in the late afternoon, so ISO varies from 100 to 800 as it was quite a grey and windy day. Because of that it is quite hard to judge this lens's sharpness as every single leave was shaking and higher ISO did it's damage to the sharpness as well

All photos are JPGs straight out from Canon EOS 600d (in camera picture style set to Landscape). I decided not to put post processed RAWs in here, because in my opinion untouched JPGs are better to show lens's performance at a start.

Whole Flickr Super Takumar Gallery: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjKD7Zhw

1. ISO 100, f/2

2. ISO 100, f/2

3. ISO 200, f/2

4. ISO 200, f/2

5. ISO 800, f/5.6

6. ISO 400, f/2.8

7. ISO 800, f/2 or f/2.8

8. ISO 800, f/2 or f/2.8 (I could not decide if I prefer Portrait or Landscape layout Wink )

9. ISO 400, f/2.8

10. ISO 200, f/2.8 or f/4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely, I agree, Takumars are great Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to be in Nova Scotia, Canada, for the last 2 weeks when the fall was probably at its best. And which lenses did I choose to use? Takumars.
I like your pictures a lot, they are lovely compositions and show off the Takumar beautifully.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Tue May 03, 2016 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great value for money these Takumar lenses!