Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

An autumn walk with Pentacon 30/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: An autumn walk with Pentacon 30/3.5 Reply with quote

This Saturday started with a chilly morning (-5 degrees is something quite unusual here at the beginning of October) but the clear sky promised a nice day.
I was not able to persuade neither my wife nor our daughters to go out, so being left alone, I walked a bit longer.
I returned with 16km in my feet, two beers in my stomach, and several photos in my camera.

All taken with Pentacon 30/3.5 and processed in the Corel's AfterShot Pro.

#1 - I went to the Vartovna observation tower. Its shape should remain the DNA double helix:

#2 - It is built at the place that was traditionally used as a checkpoint by folk rangers in the 17th and 18th century.
By happen, I must have fallen into some time-loop for a while, because I met two of them Wink
Here is one:

#3 - His equipment:

#4 - And the land he patrols:

#5 - Yet another look from the top of the observation tower:

#6 - A bonus - panorama stitched from 5 photos in Hugin. A typical countryside nearby.
(For full-res click through to dropbox, and download original in the 6385x2524px resolution):

Michal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics, which cam did you shoot with?

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful series! Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures with good lens. One time I test Pentacon 3,5/30 and was perfect sharp.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks guys Smile

Renato, I shoot with Sony A500 (and dream about Sony A99 Wink ).

Pepes, my copy of the lens needs to be stopped down to F8 to achieve corner to corner sharpness (but then it becomes really sharp). I must admit that I had higher expectation while I was looking for it. Fortunately, F8-F11 works well with landscapes, and the 30mm focal lens is perfect for 4 to 5 pictures panorama.

Michal