Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MC 58 Rokkor 1.2 PG @ Fullformat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Minolta MC 58 Rokkor 1.2 PG @ Fullformat Reply with quote

Here are some samples with the 1.2/58 lens converted on a Sony Alpha fullformat camera (A850):

Before buying this lens, try to know what you are getting first. This thing is everything I bargained for. It makes my work look like it has melted oil painting backgrounds.

I had been reading about this lens for years, I just had to have it! If you have read the articles and seen the pictures posted all over the place, you either know you want this lens, or you don't. If you do (and you know who you are), it is everything you dreamed it was.

All following images are taken with f1.2

Last edited by Stealth on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta MC 58 Rokkor 1.2 PG @ Fullformat Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:
Here are some samples with the 1.2/58 lens converted on a Sony Alpha fullformat camera (A850):

Before buying this lens, try to know what you are getting first. This thing is everything I bargained for. It makes my work look like it has melted oil painting backgrounds.

I had been reading about this lens for years, I just had to have it! If you have read the articles and seen the pictures posted all over the place, you either know you want this lens, or you don't. If you do (and you know who you are), it is everything you dreamed it was.

All following images are taken with f1.2

Welcome aboard! Nice portraits!

Your first post can't contain images (antispam measure) from now on you'll be fine.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photos taken with f1.2:

Then of course sharpness. Well this is yet another surprise.
While this is a standard prime, the depth of focus, while shooting with open aperture, is quite thin.
Nevertheless I never have trouble focusing on the main subject in the composition.
Even on the A850 I can achieve sensor limited resolution...so 24.6 megapixel of shear resolving power Wink

The following images are taken with f2.8