Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Istanbul. Portra 400.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Istanbul. Portra 400. Reply with quote

Portra 400 snapshots from the Istanbul visit.
(some b&w pics from there also at this thread http://forum.mflenses.com/istanbul-t61940.html)

My old iMac died and now of course all pics with this new one (much better screen) seems very different than with the previous one.
Because of that all C&C is very welcome about these (don't know how all you others see these colours (are the saturation levels about ok and..?).

Yashica Mat 124. Portra 400. Commercial developing. PP: some leves and croppings.

Some harem windows.

and some from the streets

.and then these test snapshots with my new purchace, Contax AX. What a wonderful 35mm camera!
(I've decided to leave totally the digital photography - really haven't used my Canon 7D about last two years - so going to sell it).
I don't feel that 35mm format is my way to do things, but anyway because I need one camera to replace 7D and for the use my mf-lenses,
I decided to test if this Contax AX could be the gem for those. ..and WoW!!Very Happy
It's unique AF-system turns all my manual lenses (except exaktas) to behave as AF-lenses, and it's macro-mode, and how nice it feels to use and.. .. .. Very Happy
I Love it!! Very Happy Very Happy

Lenses there were CZ Planar 1.4/50 (C/Y) and Meyer Trioplan 2.8/100 (M42) and mainly I tested there how that it's outstanding AF system works,
so most these snaps were just for those AF-tests, and get to know about this gem's other different abilities.

yes, technically poor, but I like the feeling those my faults produced.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting and well thought out shots.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree well thought out photos.

The Contax AX is interesting, an M42 lens mount. Does the 0.04mm difference between it and the Pentax make a difference in the real world? Can you still get infinity?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

And I haven't found any infinity problems with my M42 lenses. Works great!

With longer tele lenses the Contax AX AF system may have some problems. I have only 100mm and most situations it works same ways as shorter ones (you just set the lens to focus infinity and when you push af button, and the Contax AX focus to the spot you've choosen).
With longer teles the camera's af system capasity may not be enough, and you may have to help it a little bit manually first (set the focus somewhere nearby and then push the af button). Anyway that AF works really nicely. It's accurate and works suprisingly fast also.
Great camera! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great portra series !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderful work, some of these are just exquisite! the AX was my favorite camera when i shot slr. amazing engineering and works flawlessly--best AF film camera ever. if you enjoy interesting and unusual film cameras you might want to take a look at the hasselblad xpan which is now my film camera of choice.
tony

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All excellent, but I particularly like #3 and #13.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting set of pictures!

Klaus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to you all!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent photography, you know how to use the film and equipment

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting , indeed ! Good pics , and Contax AX test .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to you all!