Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Martyn's Lens collection to be sold.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Martyn's Lens collection to be sold. Reply with quote

Hi All

Firstly I would like to start off by saying. It was a pleasure meeting Martyn. He is such a geniune chap.

I thought I would upload a pic to wet everyones whistle.....and to show the enormity of the task at hand. (This may start a few posts on lens addication Very Happy )

We have made a start on itemising and as soon as this is complete we will upload the list and start the selling process. (This will take some time)

Note: There is still more to be unpacked with many adaptors and accessories....old cameras etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is some collection.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yess and assembled in a very short space of time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, some hardware!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy frekkin' crap on a stick, that's alot of love right there..
You should be proud as a human being for taking up this task and selling them for martyn, you are a good person.
Best of luck to you!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nisseliten wrote:
You should be proud as a human being for taking up this task and selling them for martyn, you are a good person.
Best of luck to you!

+1 on that!!!! I appreciate it steve. Looks like you will need to get a new table, that ones suffering under the load Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you put aside some favorites?

Also a big Attaboy to Steve!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we own something that means we are just a temporary owner. Every gem of us once a day will find a new temporary owner and so on. Very nice collection, Steve! My sincere and deepest congratulations! That would be so nice to go and meet closer with such a collection Cool Spend several days capturing with different bodies using all those stuff! In different light conditions, different subjects and scenes, uhhh.

P.S. I definitely need some day breaks to go and spend some time with my lenses and a pair of nice ladies posing Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Shocked
Well done for taking on this huge task, I salute you sir. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice stuff there it seems.
You guys on the right side of the Atlantic seem to be in for a treat.

Very good of you, its a job selling these properly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! Laughing
- What a very nice LOAD of cool stuff!!

Wish BEST LUCK for both and hope can contribute (with some buy perhaps).

kind regards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

already i can see things that have piqued my interest... will you be shipping overseas if we pay postage?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I will definitely try to help by buying some if you are willing to ship overseas... Smile
Good on you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos to you, Steve.
That's a great thing to do!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guy's

Shipping overseas will be possable for some items...BUT understandably I will have to be careful with where and who.

Never tried to ship a 1100mm Mirror lens....at x many metric tons. Very Happy

However....first job...make a list....clean.... assess consition....label....photograph..bubble wrap.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have your work cut out for you, I salute you sir Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nisseliten wrote:
Best of luck to you!

+1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saffersteve wrote:
Hi Guy's

Shipping overseas will be possable for some items...BUT understandably I will have to be careful with where and who.

Never tried to ship a 1100mm Mirror lens....at x many metric tons. Very Happy

However....first job...make a list....clean.... assess consition....label....photograph..bubble wrap.

Shouldn't be any problem....found a 500 Pentacon my second to last day in Switzerland and shipped it home via Swiss Mail,and those buggers weigh a ton.
On the same trip stopped in London and spent about a week touring the countryside and found a Tokina 800mm and shipped via Royal Mail.
The Tokina beat me home,the Pentacon arrived a few days later.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are not experienced shipping overseas, I can advise that UPS and FedEx are too expensive. You're better off using the postal service.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it would be worth selling on here some of them to avoid the ebay fees.
My formula is as follows see the average price paid for the lens on ebay then deduct 15-20% and sell on here for the lower price.
This way i avoid problematic ebay sellers, people on here get a lens for a good price
And i dont feed ebays greed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that. I sold my last batch of stuff entirely through the Pentax User forum. Much easier than ebay and I knew they were going to people who would enjoy them.

K.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this collection was sold on ebay, how many of the items would re appear within days at an inflated price ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Kudos to you, Steve.
That's a great thing to do!

+10
Ship overseas as registered air-mail wrap item well and you will not disappointed!
If you need any help how to ship items don't hesitate to ask, look forward items at Marketplace (must be ship worldwide)
I wont exclude any member.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very large, and most impressive, collection of lenses. As I look at the photo the thought comes to mind someone could buy the lot and instantly be ready to open a splendid vintage lens shop, buy, sell, and trade. There are worse ways a person could spend his time.