Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Around the house with the MC Soligor C-D Wide-Auto 2.8 28mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Around the house with the MC Soligor C-D Wide-Auto 2.8 28mm Reply with quote

Shot in September 2019.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumens pixel wrote:
Amazing.

Thank you, glad you liked the photos.
I like this lens and it is close focusing which makes it more useful.
The serial number starts with 89. I believe it was made by Cosina.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With serial number 8xxxxx is made by sun?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
With serial number 8xxxxx is made by sun?

Some would say 8 means Tokina, but mine goes down to 22 small aperture so I think it is not a Tokina.
Can't really remember why I think it is a Cosina.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pleasing results.
Well done
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post a picture of the lens and the wizards will tell all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Very pleasing results.
Well done
Tom

Thank you. A nice and not so expensive lens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is the lens from this thread, it looks pretty mid to late eighties to me. http://forum.mflenses.com/mc-soligor-c-d-wide-auto-2-8-28mm-t75485.html Cosina would be likely then because most other players had dropped out by then.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the color rendition of this lens. The red peppers pop without looking garish. The other images have a subdued contrast, which I also find appealing. The resolution of the hairs in the snail pic is quite impressive! Nice work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Post a picture of the lens and the wizards will tell all.

Here is the lens. Sorry for the not so great photos. Embarassed

D1N0 wrote:
If it is the lens from this thread, it looks pretty mid to late eighties to me. http://forum.mflenses.com/mc-soligor-c-d-wide-auto-2-8-28mm-t75485.html Cosina would be likely then because most other players had dropped out by then.

Yes my lens type is in there along with some others. It is the lens with 89....serial number. I think I made a mistake about it being
a Cosina though. I have a Vivitar that focuses close and is a Cosina. The serial starts with 9.

pdccameras wrote:
I really like the color rendition of this lens. The red peppers pop without looking garish. The other images have a subdued contrast, which I also find appealing. The resolution of the hairs in the snail pic is quite impressive! Nice work.

Thank you.
Yes, I agree about the lens. Sharp and nice colors, easy to get good results from.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a 88 serial, so presumably it is older. According to https://www.apotelyt.com/photo-lens/soligor-catalog it should be from 1986. The silver ring at the bottom shouts Tokina at me, but Tokina had a 52mm filter thread and didn't do reverse aperture ring 2.8 to 16 instead of 16 to 2.8. But that might be a custom job for Soligor. It is definitely not this lens: which should be from 1990. People say Tokina stopped making for Soligor (and others) at some point and just made them under the Tokina brand name. Dunno the year that happened.

Last edited by D1N0 on Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pleasing photos. Kind of rare version of the Soligor 28mm 2.8 C/D.