Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

So here's what a slightly worn out Primotar 135/3.5 can do..
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject: So here's what a slightly worn out Primotar 135/3.5 can do.. Reply with quote

As per the title..

The crane shot is unprocessed other than half a stop of exposure added. The rest were B&W conversions using a Kodak Technical Pan emulation, minimal sharpening and only a couple with the levels pushed a bit.. (aside from one colour, done via snapseed on a phone)

Not much chance of bokeh this now thanks to it being permanent gloom right now and with a distinct lack of greenery...

Tbh Ive been pretty impressed with this lens so far given it is a bit worn out.. fair bit of tiny particles on the elements and some distinct cleaning marks as well... Currently pondering sending it for a CLA somewhere...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive! I have a couple of primotar but not in this FL (mine are both 50mm 2.Cool.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Very impressive! I have a couple of primotar but not in this FL (mine are both 50mm 2.Cool.

Thanks, it was a kind quick exercise in seeing how it handled light, which in dull northern light seemed to work out fine.. 😁

Yeah I've got both a Primagon 35 and 50, both at 3.5 iirc. There are nice but slow. The 2.8 just seems so sharp and even though the optics are what I'd describe as fair at best it's still damn impressive. It may well prove to be one my go to lenses along with tbe P6 Biometar 80/2.8 for different reasons..

Here's the Biometar.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I really like the toning in the monochromes. Like 1 .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this. My kind of photography, thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1