Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens Butchery!! Konica Auto S 1.6 converted to Micro 4/3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Lens Butchery!! Konica Auto S 1.6 converted to Micro 4/3 Reply with quote

I seem to be more fascinated with the actual equipment then I am with taking photos!! Smile I am a really shite photographer even in my own opinion!! But I do love cameras and lenses and there inner workings.

This is a Konica Auto S 1.6 45mm 1.6 lens that I converted to Micro 4/3, let me start off by saying this old Konica Range finder lens was the hardest conversion I have undertaken but had alot of fun doing it Very Happy

The Camera had been in a bad drop and was really past the point of repair...............the poor thing.

The images have more glow on them then the Konica AR 50mm 1.4

Last edited by Layer-cake on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did move it here, due I wait some more information how did you make it, if a camera in hopeless stage this is a good move to save at least a part of it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I did move it here, due I wait some more information how did you make it, if a camera in hopeless stage this is a good move to save at least a part of it.

I don't mind the move, thought i would steer away from the actual lens section after the other posting got moved and saw a couple of other post created in this section based on conversions of some sorts.

Not alot of traffic going through the DIY section but it is applicable and I am proud of of the conversions, find much enjoyment in doing them.

As a suggestion if you find more posts along the lines of conversions moving them into it's own section will bring some additional interest in the area.

Will do a write up on the conversion, took easily about 30 hours in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 hrs ?! damn lot work

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds quite challenging! Looking forward to reading the details.