Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Today's Bargain.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Today's Bargain..... Reply with quote

S-M-C Takumar 1.4/50 with original front and rear caps and Hoya UV filter all mint condition.........

5gbp

Sorry, webcam pic.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Bargain of Year ! Congrats! Where did you find her ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Local charity shop. There was a Pentax SPii and Super-Tak 135 there also in great condition

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Local charity shop. There was a Pentax SPii and Super-Tak 135 there also in great condition

Hopefully somebody from us rescue them too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesus, I dream with that kind of bargains Razz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

They have a website and do they take PP. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can pick it up at the weekend for you but postage will probably kill the deal.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats!
Great deal. Have not seen any fantastic lens sold at local flee market......Maybe I should visit more often Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG bargain indeed. Fast and sharp, one of most wanted Japanese lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucky you! wish you this lens becomes as dear to you as mine did to me - my fav. lens, mine had cost me abt. 10 USD, and that in a used camera shop in Osaka. there not every lens was cheap, from what I have seen mint sometimes even cost more than in Europe, but if looking well used they often come surprisingly cheap. 'mine' then was quite yellow and it's body is a bit beaten up, but it works so well and has taken my best photos Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin

Congrats, you had find a great lens (my favorite 50 mm in M42) and the price, well, not comments.

Did you use the S-M-C before? If not, I hope that you like it. It's really good.

My best regards, Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How easy is it to get rid of the yellowing?

I'll be using this one over the next few weeks so not a problem but when packed away I'd like to keep the glass clear.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

I'll be using this one over the next few weeks so not a problem but when packed away I'd like to keep the glass clear.

The SMC lenses should not be so yellowish like the S.T.. They are different lenses.

When I bought mine It was yellowish too, and in @ one week under UV light, all OK.

Mi experience was that. Good luck.

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

my S-M-C actually was more yellow than my Super Tak.
never tried to de-yellow, the lens has been mounted on my camera that much that it got enough exposure to sunlight to make the yellow tint go away by itself Smile
UV light, sunlight. There are people around who are more knowledgeable how to do this right. If I remember right they wrap the lens in aluminum foil and expose it to sun with the rear lens up. Now please anybody correct me!

hihi, hopefully it will often be on your cam, not packed away Wink
I would think that the yellowing does not return that fast. But that's only a guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

The SMC lenses should not be so yellowish like the S.T.. They are different lenses.

When I bought mine It was yellowish too, and in @ one week under UV light, all OK.

Rino.

Thanks Rino - It is an S-M-C not the later SMC. Which I think is the same as the ST.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

my S-M-C actually was more yellow than my Super Tak.
never tried to de-yellow, the lens has been mounted on my camera that much that it got enough exposure to sunlight to make the yellow tint go away by itself Smile
UV light, sunlight. There are people around who are more knowledgeable how to do this right. If I remember right they wrap the lens in aluminum foil and expose it to sun with the rear lens up. Now please anybody correct me!

hihi, hopefully it will often be on your cam, not packed away Wink
I would think that the yellowing does not return that fast. But that's only a guess.

Well, it may de-yellow over the next couple of weeks. However I have many lenses (at the moment) and photography is taking a back seat whilst I'm pursuing other things

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much did they want for the super tak?

If you can get that for £5 I would gladly pay for the postage lol

What an amazing bargain, I never get decent stuff around here.

I went to a boot sale a while back and was excited when I finally saw a few lenses only to realise they had fungus, "brand new those love, still have the box, £20 for the three of them"

It was time for the "I might come back for those in a while" then run tactic!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
estudleon wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

Rino.

Thanks Rino - It is an S-M-C not the later SMC. Which I think is the same as the ST.

Excuse me, I didn't be exact. I refered to the S-M-C, and it's a bit different lens than the ST.

1.The rear element is 1 mm more big in the S-M-C.

2- The aperture ring has more space between the F/ 1,4 and F/2 in the S-M-C than in the ST.

I think that both have the same formula but are differet lenses, and have different rendering too. Till I know, of course.

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just as Rino explains, we had a thread about these findings:
http://forum.mflenses.com/smc-and-s-t-1-4-aperture-ring-t24255,highlight,takumar+++50mm.html
and I just noticed that there I had promised more photos which never came. So sorry. Hopefully I will remember to do that later, once I have access to the both lenses again ( which only will be next october Sad )

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:
estudleon wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

Rino.

Excuse me, I didn't be exact. I refered to the S-M-C, and it's a bit different lens than the ST.

1.The rear element is 1 mm more big in the S-M-C.

2- The aperture ring has more space between the F/ 1,4 and F/2 in the S-M-C than in the ST.

I think that both have the same formula but are differet lenses, and have different rendering too. Till I know, of course.

Rino.

OK, I thought the S-M-C and the ST were th same formula (cosmetics aside).

Are you judging the rendering based on digi or film (or both)? I as as I've a 24mm ST that is fantastic on film.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bargain - I had to pay twice that for mine! Smile

A face tanning lamp - with strip lights in - works very well for removing the 'yellow'. I cleared a couple of very tea coloured Aero Ektars this way. The sun just isn't bright enough round here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for awesome lens deals! Well done Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
OK, I thought the S-M-C and the ST were th same formula (cosmetics aside).

Are you judging the rendering based on digi or film (or both)? I as as I've a 24mm ST that is fantastic on film.

To complicate things, there is an early version of the Super Tak that has 8 elements in 7 groups. Laughing However the 2nd version of the Super Tak and the S-M-C and SMC all have 7 elements in 6 groups. The last run of the Super Tak and the 1st run of the S-M-C Tak may have similar coatings, i.e. the Super Multi Coating that was publicized in 1971.

Here they are from right to left. The S-M-C, Version 2 & Version 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The S-M-C also has 8 aperture blades and both Super Taks have 6.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some quick shots. All wide open just to see what the bokeh looked like.

40D iso 200