Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

finally test shots from takumar smc 55mm f/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: finally test shots from takumar smc 55mm f/2 Reply with quote

these took a while to acheive and IQ is ok not outstanding but useable I guess the lens is inconsistant and not up to the qaulity of my Zuiko 50mm .Anyhow judge for yourselves.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe because mis-focussed?
Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is sharpness in the lens Dave, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't in the Takumar - mine is razor sharp, as are al my Tak's. The Zuiko's are very good, and I think the Tak's are as good or maybe better ( fighting talk ! Laughing )
Keep trying the Takumar, I'm sure it will reward you in the end Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah possibly but I have a pentax f2 and that delivers photo's coming in a short while just have to process them Smile
I tried alsorts to get razor sharp images but could not coax them out, the pentax m 50mm f2 is a different fitment PK and its just so easy to get them results . Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are sharp bits to all those photos Smile First one looks fine, second one is focused on the stem in the middle and the third one is focused behind the bug.

Shooting closeups at a wide aperture will always be a struggle without a tripod and liveview IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess there is ONLY one Takumar f2 lens in this world, hence the title?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus shut up about the f/2 takumar please .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have live view what I dont have is a viewfinder so can kind of be a bit hit and miss with the focus harde in very bright sunlight thats the next thing on my list evf .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, I've edited the titles of your threads to reflect the lens used a little better.

Please try and keep your thoughts and pictures to one thread for each lens though. Thank you Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will do thanks Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look sharp to me, maybe shoot some side by side shots with the Zuiko and Tak so we can compare better.