Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar smc pentax 55mm f/2 test shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Takumar smc pentax 55mm f/2 test shots Reply with quote

Due to heavy work load its late when I finally get a couple of shots off with the new lens just taken in my lounge under normal light conditons post more when time allows .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is f/2, not f/1.2, right? (Please correct the subject line!)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has f1.2 on the lens if I put f/2 that is complained at you cant win . Sad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
The lens is f/2, not f/1.2, right? (Please correct the subject line!)

+1:
Better not creating confusion in users that may have not seen the other thread with the pics of the lens.

This is an smc pentax m 1:2 (which menas f2) 50mm

Strangely enough, I don't remember having seen much images taken with this lens. I suspect it to be pretty good, so I'm looking forward for some samples.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAVEG wrote:
Has f1.2 on the lens if I put f/2 that is complained at you cant win . Sad

Just to help clarify.
A lens with f 1:2 is an f2 lens.
A lens with f 1:1.2 is an f1.2 lens.
Now if yours has had a stop instead of a colon it might look like f1.2 when it should read f1:2
Hope this clears up any confusion.
OH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry if I create more confusion but I'm confused too. I always thought "standard" notation was either 1:2 or f/2 or F2. That is small f if you use the division sign and capital F if you don't. And when you use the colon, that signifies the ratio between aperture diameter and focal length of the lens. As in 1:2 would mean aperture diameter is half the focal length. The same way "f/2" is supposed to mean the diameter of the aperture is "f/2" where small f stands for focal length. Which can also be written with the f substituted with the actual focal length as in "50mm/2". And "F2" would be shorthand for "f/2". Is my logic wrong? I actually writing "f2" and "f1.2" more correct? Confused

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first said it was a f2 I was corrected to put it was a f 1.2 OR 1:2 To be corrected but this causes confusion to those who like myself are new to manaul lenses and there focal lentgh denominations and correct meaning , but when advertised for sale the vendor put F/2 when its a 1:2 then there is 1:2,2 which I think is the f/2 my apologies for the confusion but what is correct. :?so its f/2 then.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps this will help.
Here is a picture of an f1.2 lens - notice on the lens 1:1.2

Here is a picture of an f2 lens - notice on the lens 1:2

A picture of an f2.2 lens would have on the lens 1:2.2
Like this one:

Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title edited to avoid confusion. Glad you're enjoying the Takumar, it's a cracker...superb value.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the contrast is pretty good need more practice with it I feel .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess there is ONLY one Takumar f2 lens in this world, hence the title?

Oh, now we have two threads about that very same lens, how clever is that...?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's three now and there was another last week.

All these 'standard' speed 50s from the major makers are very similar, they are all more than good enough, so just pick one you like and stick with it, you'll save a lot of time and money that way.