Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PK mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: PK mount? Reply with quote

Guys need a bit of help. Please confirm my thinking that this is a PK mount:

Am all but certain it is PK. But if not, please be gentle. I don't have any Pentax equipment. That lens is a Sun MF zoom. I hope to be able to modify the mount so the lens will fit (albeit loosely) onto my Sigma SD14.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K means Pentax K mount. The notch, the aperture lever and aperture protector all match other K mount lens.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
K means Pentax K mount. The notch, the aperture lever and aperture protector all match other K mount lens.

Thanks. That's great!

I thought it was PK (Pentax K mount). But it's easier to know for certain when they label the mount "PK", instead of just "K". Confused

Also, the seller of the lens wrote that it was for "Pentax KS Super (Ricoh)". I have no clue even what that is. My Ricoh knowledge is zero, and so is my knowledge of the intersection of Ricoh and Pentax.

If it's just plain old PK, I'm in good shape. After modification, a lens having standard PK mount will fit loosely an SD14 camera.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the following does not apply to the above lens, I mention this for the sake of completeness. If the lens is specifically for Ricoh, it will usually have KR or RK somewhere. From Wikipedia:

The R-K-mount is used on Rikenon P lenses, Ricoh bodies that include the letter 'P' in their model number, and some non-Ricoh lenses. It is compatible with all other K-mount cameras and lenses when in manual or aperture-priority exposure modes, however the extra pin needs to be removed for safe use on autofocus Pentax cameras. If this is not done, the lens may lock on the camera body and will need dismantling before it can be removed from the body of Pentax autofocus cameras. The 'P' setting is not compatible with the 'A' setting as the 'P' pin is in a different location than the 'A' contact on Pentax 'A' lenses and the flange on Pentax bodies.