Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Initial test shot from my Vivitar 35-105 f3.5 (constant)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Initial test shot from my Vivitar 35-105 f3.5 (constant) Reply with quote

Unfortunately this lens arrived with a problem, it arrived with the lens stuck in macro mode. So I was only able to quickly test it in macro mode, but it does seem to render quite nicely and holds great potential. I have since fixed the lens problem being stuck in macro mode, so I will need to return to testing this more thoroughly in the future.

A little more about this test here if interested:
http://joshpereraphoto.metalforfishes.com/?p=2225

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hard to judge lens based on this one picture. Having said that, I find Vivitars with a fixed aperture often a promising combination!

In fact, last holidays I took a dirt cheap Vivitar 100-200mm f/4 with me, and took a picture of my girlfriend that turned out to be unexpectedly sharp. Unfortunately I cannot post the whole picture, because my gf doesn't want her face on the internet, but here is a 100% crop. Camera was an Oly E-P1, aperture was either wide open or slightly stopped down.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I intend to shoot more test shots, this was just an initial test and I was running out of light, that and this lens rocked up damaged. It was stuck in macro mode. I have managed to fix it now so I will do more testing soon. But I find it shows promise as this was shot wide open and the sharpness on the wheel but seems decent. Very Happy