Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with identifying mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Help with identifying mount Reply with quote

Hello,

Could you please tell me what mount it is?
The lens is Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 which goes quite cheap, however I wonder if I will be able to convert it to EOS.

I'm thinking we could start topic which will show different mounts, instead of starting new thread every single time somebody can't identify some particular mount. Idea could be quite simple - clear photo or two of the mount, name of the mount and some info about possibilities of conversion to DSLRs' standards (Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony...etc)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with identifying mount Reply with quote

PhantomLord wrote:
Hello,

Could you please tell me what mount it is?
The lens is Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 which goes quite cheap, however I wonder if I will be able to convert it to EOS.

I'm thinking we could start topic which will show different mounts, instead of starting new thread every single time somebody can't identify some particular mount. Idea could be quite simple - clear photo or two of the mount, name of the mount and some info about possibilities of conversion to DSLRs' standards (Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony...etc)

][/url]

Easy one..it's a Canon FD breechlock

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. No use on EOS then.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomLord wrote:
Thanks a lot. No use on EOS then.

Well yes and No.......the problem is they only work for close ups without a correction lens
or
someone who is good with a hammer and file Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: Help with identifying mount Reply with quote

PhantomLord wrote:

Rick Oleson has a lens mount identification guide over at his website. Some of the photos aren't the best, but most of them are good enough.

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEH also has a good id guide.
http://www.kehblog.com/2011/12/lens-mount-guide-part-1.html