Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax SMC takumar 55mm f1.2 m42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Pentax SMC takumar 55mm f1.2 m42 Reply with quote

I have just purchased this lens Please can anyone tell me about it and if it's better than my present Olympus zuiko 50 mm . Also if anyone has one what are the photo's like. ALL help gratefully received. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No such lens. F2/55?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 55/2 is a decent lens with nice bokeh. There's plenty of examples in the gallery.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only find the 50mm in the gallery. NO 55mm f2. but are they similar and has any one else got one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/asahi-pentax-super-takumar-2-55-m42-t39006,highlight,%2Btakumar+%2B55.html

Starting from the "best of lenses" gallery is always a good idea.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, anything you read or see regarding the SMC Takumar 1.8/55 also applies to the 2/55. Exact same optics, just a little aperture stop build in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh yes found it in the best of lenses gallery ,some of the shots look stunning and it was a lot cheaper than buying a OLYMPUS zuiko f2 .

also theres more drumming in the new qotsa album Cool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no such thing as 'better' or 'worse' when it comes to 50mm lenses from the major makers, they are all more than good enough, they just vary in characteristics.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAVEG wrote:
...also theres more drumming in the new qotsa album Cool

Good to hear. Laughing