Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 35mm f2.8 Exakta or m42, Zebra or Non-Zebra ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Flektogon 35mm f2.8 Exakta or m42, Zebra or Non-Zebra ? Reply with quote

After seeing the pictures of the Flektogon 35mm f2.8 on this forum, I put a advertisement on a local online second hand market that I'm looking for this lens.
I have got 3 emails today with people who offer me this lens for sale.
I can choose between Exakta or m42 Mount, Zebra and non-Zebra version.

Which one should I take and why ? (I have both adapters). And is there a MC version ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Flektogon 35mm f2.8 Exakta or m42, Zebra or Non-Zebra ? Reply with quote

asterinex wrote:
After seeing the pictures of the Flektogon 35mm f2.8 on this forum, I put a advertisement on a local online second hand market that I'm looking for this lens.
I have got 3 emails today with people who offer me this lens for sale.
I can choose between Exakta or m42 Mount, Zebra and non-Zebra version.

Which one should I take and why ? (I have both adapters). And is there a MC version ?

There appears to be a MC version of the f/2.4 flek : http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/44152-anyone-have-carl-zeiss-jena-flektogon-35mm-f-2-4-m42.html

I've got the Exakta Zebra version, I believe the zebra ones are the oldest, so presumably my copy has the worst coatings you'd find find with this lens. I can't think of an occasion that it's been a problem. but I usually use a hood...

Honestly I'd take the one that had the smoothest focus and quickest aperture blades, gotta love the CZJ lubricants of that era Laughing

EDIT - fixed typo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have owned several variants of this lens.

The one I decided to keep was the Zebra Exakta version c1968

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The late '60's-early 70's jena zebra I have (a pancolar, a sonnar, a tessar and a flektogon 20) all work remarkably well both optically (and that's normal) and mechanically (surprise!) all with clean blades and decently smooth focus.
Not enough to make a statistic, but reported just in case.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a fan of uncommon black version, probably the last F2.8 made. See it here: Click here to see on Ebay.de

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my M42 CZJ black 35mm f2.4 is MC and has the stop down switch....it is a very good lens from close ups to scenery on film, and always use it on holidays for scenery with a 24mm Sigma superwide II.