Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 35mm f2.8 Exakta or m42, Zebra or Non-Zebra ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Flektogon 35mm f2.8 Exakta or m42, Zebra or Non-Zebra ? Reply with quote

After seeing the pictures of the Flektogon 35mm f2.8 on this forum, I put a advertisement on a local online second hand market that I'm looking for this lens.
I have got 3 emails today with people who offer me this lens for sale.
I can choose between Exakta or m42 Mount, Zebra and non-Zebra version.

Which one should I take and why ? (I have both adapters). And is there a MC version ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Flektogon 35mm f2.8 Exakta or m42, Zebra or Non-Zebra ? Reply with quote

asterinex wrote:
After seeing the pictures of the Flektogon 35mm f2.8 on this forum, I put a advertisement on a local online second hand market that I'm looking for this lens.
I have got 3 emails today with people who offer me this lens for sale.
I can choose between Exakta or m42 Mount, Zebra and non-Zebra version.

Which one should I take and why ? (I have both adapters). And is there a MC version ?

There appears to be a MC version of the f/2.4 flek : http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/44152-anyone-have-carl-zeiss-jena-flektogon-35mm-f-2-4-m42.html

I've got the Exakta Zebra version, I believe the zebra ones are the oldest, so presumably my copy has the worst coatings you'd find find with this lens. I can't think of an occasion that it's been a problem. but I usually use a hood...

Honestly I'd take the one that had the smoothest focus and quickest aperture blades, gotta love the CZJ lubricants of that era Laughing

EDIT - fixed typo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have owned several variants of this lens.

The one I decided to keep was the Zebra Exakta version c1968

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The late '60's-early 70's jena zebra I have (a pancolar, a sonnar, a tessar and a flektogon 20) all work remarkably well both optically (and that's normal) and mechanically (surprise!) all with clean blades and decently smooth focus.
Not enough to make a statistic, but reported just in case.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a fan of uncommon black version, probably the last F2.8 made. See it here: Click here to see on Ebay.de

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my M42 CZJ black 35mm f2.4 is MC and has the stop down switch....it is a very good lens from close ups to scenery on film, and always use it on holidays for scenery with a 24mm Sigma superwide II.