Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NX 1000 as budget camera?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: NX 1000 as budget camera? Reply with quote

I have just bought an ex-demonstration NX 1000 with additional 18mm lens for £150.

I have a Panasonic G1 which died and miraculously revived which is can be adapted to Leica 39mm, but even that is a little bulky.
Honestly, I was looking for a smaller compact camera, but this mint boxed,white example has a sensible sized sensor.
The white strap was a little too ostentatious for me, so I have replaced it with black.
This camera means that it will fit permanently in a shoulder bag.

I will probably look for Minolta MD and Leica M adapters as I have M/39mm screw for Leica and soviet lenses including a CV 35mm Color Scopar, and an expensive M/Contax adapter for Kiev/Contax lenses, including a superb Helios used on the Leica M8.
However, budgets are tight since retirement, but it was never intended as more than a compact.

dee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NX1000 is very good as a budget or 2nd Body DSLM, that means mirrorless camera, i own one, too. And happily, when it really works
i'll get next week another NX1000 Body for just 35 EUR with flash. Very Happy

What isn't that good about Samsungs NX Series - no focus peaking feature like onto Sony, apart from that, the Sensors Samsung is using
made by their own aren't so much behind after Sony Sensors, but not exactly that good.

Oh. and i do have a m43 Panasonic Lumix G1, too...but that Sensor tech is way behind the NX100 and NX1000 from Samsung, because
many years older. (2008). Have the 14-45mm OIS Kitlens with the G1.

For comparsion, check out DxOmark Sensor Tests, the G1 is the weakest of all three, with the NX100 and NX1000 as trio.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Panasonic G1, NX11, NX200 (NX1000 has same sensor) miles a head before G1 image quality. G1 simple crap vs NX200.

What is not funny you can select focus area for example if you shout a portrait you can't focus on eyes just on shoulder part of body center area only, with fast aperture and limited DOF this is big disadvantage I did solve problem with joystick head. Lack of EVF in sunny condition not funny either. I don't know proper LCD viewfinder. I rather suggest used second hand NEX-3, NEX-5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a NX1000 in the past and it's a wonderful camera. Excellent image quality, with the 16mm pancake makes a nice walkout camera.
The only drawback is the small size of the batteries. If you use a big lens like the 50-200 or the 60mm, the battery time gets quite short. Nothing that cannot be fixed by buying a few clone batteries (I got three Patone ones, cheap and efficient). With the 16mm, the battery duration is more than acceptable however.

I went back to the NX100 for the larger body size, better for my Tamron zooms, but I miss a lot the NX1000+16mm combo.

Beware with the L39 lenses, wideangles don't fit in the NX. The 15mm color skopar cannot be mounted on it. The back protruding element hits inside the camera body. Even the 35mm color Skopar cannot be mounted. Only from 50mm onwards it's possible.

Regarding the viewfinder, on the NX100 I use a Kamerar QV-1 that fits over the back LCD and improves a lot the focusing precission. Not sure it it can be properly used on the NX1000 because the smaller body size.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Beware with the L39 lenses, wideangles don't fit in the NX. The 15mm color skopar cannot be mounted on it. The back protruding element hits inside the camera body. Even the 35mm color Skopar cannot be mounted. Only from 50mm onwards it's possible.

oo, that looks like bad news.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is not many inexpensive wide angle range finder lenses, SLR lenses are works well on NX.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
there is not many inexpensive wide angle range finder lenses, SLR lenses are works well on NX.

Yes, this is the reason I keep the NX100 and the NX210. Smile
But for people who already owns RF wideangles is not a good solution.
I valuate very much the high quality of the 620.000 dots AMOled screen. Even with a 2X liveview zoom factor I can precisely focus with the help of the Kamerar QV-1 viewfinder on top of the LCD. Samsungs are very underrated cameras but very good really.
And for the people who doesn't have RF lenses, picking some inexpensive Minolta MD or Hexanon glass and an adapter, turns it into a powerful MF gun Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got used nx1000 + nx 30mm f2 as a small setup a few weeks ago. I got cheap eBay m42 adapter but have well-known lens error. All of my cheap nex and m4/3 adapters work OK but no pin to press on camera.
As mentioned, used nex better for manual focus with such easy magnified view. Sometimes focus-peaking gets in the way for me.
I have a faulty/working nex 5 which does not work with auto lenses - perfect for MF lenses - and another nex with sigma 30mm always on.
I got nx+30/2 as step up from sigma 30/2.8 but now not convinced.