Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Favorite Manual Zoom: Nikon Series E 70-210 f/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Favorite Manual Zoom: Nikon Series E 70-210 f/4 Reply with quote

Seriously. This has to be just about the greatest 3x Tele-zoom ever created for a manual focus camera, especially for shooting portraits. It sharp (but not TOO sharp) and the background blurs quite nicely. It's also a constant f/4, which is only 1 stop slower than all those super expensive and heavy "pro" zooms that one sees these days.

Here's a sample shot, taken wide open (f/4) at 210mm.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb shot, look like a painting

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive. I know the 70-150 ? has a great reputation but this looks very good too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody have any experience with this lens?

Is it any good?

Most reviews I have read speak highly of it. I'm wondering what some you guys on mflenses have to say.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for info request - I just got one yesterday when a friend at work presented me with a brown leather bag: "Here you go, was cleaning out my Grand-Dad's attic last weekend and thought you'd like this".... aren't some friends wonderful?

In the bag was a perfect Nikon FM, 50/1.8 pancake and this zoom. I'm definitely hanging onto the FM & 50, but am usually not one for zooms.

What little I've managed to dig up on one quick Google search suggests this might be a keeper afterall: this is a good review http://matthewdurrphotography.com/2012/12/22/lens-review-nikon-70-210mm-f4-series-e/) .

If anyone has an opinion, I'd be happy to hear it. As soon as the rain stops, I'll shoot a roll with it to see how it performs and will post some shots when it's developed.[/url]