Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sharpness in the print
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Sharpness in the print Reply with quote

I edit my photographs exclusively with Lightroom and apply moderate sharpness (I don't like overly "crunchy" photographs).
Now I'm trying the NikCollection Sharpener Pro plugin that allows you to set the sharpness based on the type of print (inkjet, chemistry etc), the type of paper, the print resolution, the print size and the viewing distance.

Considering the sharpness I obtained with only Lightroom and doing some tests with Sharpener Pro I have the impression that a combined use of the two, but always moderate, gives me a better result (but I still have to do the printing tests).

I photograph only with vintage manual lenses and I leave all the grain present in the shot (I never use the luminance slider, I shoot at 90% in black and white and I print in A4 and A3 format).

I read online that in order to obtain a correct sharpness in the print it is necessary to apply a sharpness value that seems excessive on the screen. This is because in the printing phase some of it is lost.

Has anyone made prints using Lightroom and Sharpener Pro? Do you have any advice for me?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lively discussion http://forum.mflenses.com/analogue-lense-resolution-in-pixel-by-circle-of-confusion-t81292.html