Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

$10 home-made film developing tank for ANY roll film size
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: $10 home-made film developing tank for ANY roll film size Reply with quote

http://youtu.be/6eKDWFqlIWM

This is a pretty cheap ABS plastic film processing tank. It uses an existing SS film tank lid as a cap. The inner cylinder is a must to displace fluid (and reduce cost and waste) as well as providing a way to mount the film. With a slightly larger inner cylinder, the fluid use could be even further reduced. I've used this for 120, 35mm, 127, 130, 124, and a few other sizes and as long as the rubber bands are placed only on the film edges and not over the image area, it works fabulously. At 1,800ml, even diluted developer can be used a couple more times (if you're developing multiple rolls in an evening.)

One thing is that before you add developer, tape the lid on securely, or the inner cylinder will pop it off and shoot out due to its buoyancy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, that's an interesting one. I saw something similar for super-8 but didn't click that the old odd-sized rolls of 110, 126 and other stuff I have legacy in drawers and cupboards, can be processed with this. I'd pretty much given up on them, thinking it was going to cost far more for legacy processing than what's on them would be worth.