Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair-11 to EOS query
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Tair-11 to EOS query Reply with quote

I have a very fine 133mm f/2.8 Tair 11 lens which arrived with a Zenit 3 camera. I would like to try this lens on my Canon 5D. Will the "M39 to Canon EOS " adapters offered on the various auctions sites enable safe manual use of this lens on the 5D, including infinity focus?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those adapters are designed for rangefinder lenses, and will only work for close ups i.e. no infinity focus. I'm not sure how they would perform if you screwed in an M39 SLR lens.

I use an M39->M42 adapter for my Jupiter 11 and Helios 44 lenses which I have in M39 mount. As far as I remember, I don't quite get infinity focusing on my Canon EOS DSLRs. Do you need infinity on a long portrait lens like that though?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't the Russian M39 lenses different registrations than the others? Longer.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Aren't the Russian M39 lenses different registrations than the others? Longer.

Yep.

I've just discovered that my Jupiter 11 DOES reach infinity as it has an M39->M42 adapter ring already fitted. The after market ones don't seem to work as well though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have a Tair 133mm that has an M42 mount, but doesn't quite make it to infinity. I take very, very few pictures at infinity with this focal length, so it hasn't been an issue for me. I did take one long shot a few months ago and stopped down to f/11 or so to help the situation; and this is what I got...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not completely true; it depends on the lens and not on the adapter...

If the lens is an SLR lens, there is no reason why it wouldn't work normally on a DSLR through an adapter.

I have an M39 Tair 11 which I use trough an M39 -> EOS adapter, and it focuses to infinity perfectly.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha_M wrote:
Not completely true; it depends on the lens and not on the adapter...

If the lens is an SLR lens, there is no reason why it wouldn't work normally on a DSLR through an adapter.

I have an M39 Tair 11 which I use trough an M39 -> EOS adapter, and it focuses to infinity perfectly.

Can you tell which adapter it was or is?