Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

konica hexanon AR 24mm 2.8 (AE) very soft and jiggling noise
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: konica hexanon AR 24mm 2.8 (AE) very soft and jiggling noise Reply with quote

Hello
i get a konica hexanon AR 24mm 2.8 few month ago and i try yeasterday only ( waiting adaptor ) but it the pictures are very very soft even closed.

when i take the lens in my hand a move it i hear a noise of moving part inside. i try to put my finger on front/rear lens and aperture pin to see i they moved but no

any one already open this lens or have a schema ?
thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No experience with the lens, but any loose glass element makes a very distinct type of noise, some kind of "rattle". In some cases when you flip the lens upside down or move it back and forth (less if moving it laterally) in your hand you get this rattling with a loose glass element.

Tomas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: konica hexanon AR 24mm 2.8 (AE) very soft and jiggling n Reply with quote

thebbm wrote:
Hello
i get a konica hexanon AR 24mm 2.8 few month ago and i try yeasterday only ( waiting adaptor ) but it the pictures are very very soft even closed.

when i take the lens in my hand a move it i hear a noise of moving part inside. i try to put my finger on front/rear lens and aperture pin to see i they moved but no

any one already open this lens or have a schema ?
thanks

Most Hexanon lenses make a little noise when they are moved about. Supposing of course there is no loose elements or other internal damage, such noise is normal and is caused by the ball bearings that the aperture actuating ring sits on. The softness at all apertures is worrisome though. I think if some element was broken inside you would see it.
I might have a blow-up diagram of this lens somewhere. I will look for it. BTW Is your lens the earlier (large, with f16 as the smallest aperture, round AE lock button) or later (compact with f22 as the smallest aperture, long rectangular AE lock button) type?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks you for the clarification

there is a good "play" in the lens ( i can move the front part of the lens 1mm from the focus ring if i push or pull it ) and the filtrer ring is a very very little bit twisted so maybe the lens fall and something move inside

it is the AE in green version with f16 max aperture and a (annoying) lock button for aperture ring
best regards