Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss 60mm makro planar vs Nikkor micro 55mm f 2.8 ais?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Zeiss 60mm makro planar vs Nikkor micro 55mm f 2.8 ais? Reply with quote

I really like my nikkor 55mm macro. The only problem is that it focuses in a different direction from all my other lens. That bother me sometime. What's everyone opinion about the 60mm makro from Zeiss?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least the S-Planar is a terrific lens. It is on the large side though. The Macro planar is smaller but only goes to 1:2 and some say that the performance is almost as good but not quite.

Have a look at how the S-Planar behaves compared to some other well known short macros:

http://forum.mflenses.com/4-short-macro-lenses-compared-t59655,highlight,%2Bmacro+%2Bcompared.html

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
At least the S-Planar is a terrific lens. It is on the large side though. The Macro planar is smaller but only goes to 1:2 and some say that the performance is almost as good but not quite

The Makro-Planar 60 is the same lens as the S-Planar
S-Planar was the name up to 1989 when made in Germany then Makro-Planar for those made in Japan later
The Makro-Planar 60/2.8C is another model from 1993, it go to 1:2 but the 1:1 model was also available

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to see a shootout between those two lenses Smile Anyone has these two ?