Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 47 - Industar-50-2 50mm/3.5 m42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 47 - Industar-50-2 50mm/3.5 m42 Reply with quote

lens is made in KMZ factory (Krasnogorskiy Mechanicheskiy Zavod)

crop of the previous photo

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a lot sharper than my copy of this lens, makes me think mine is faulty, that shot of the flower head with ladybird is fantastic!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
It's a lot sharper than my copy of this lens, makes me think mine is faulty, that shot of the flower head with ladybird is fantastic!

that's problem with Russian lenses, quality control is not always best one

which photo you like? the original or the crop?

yes, it's a nice little lens, but what i find limiting is the way aperture is set, most of the times i had to look at the lens to set aperture, while usually on other lenses i set aperture without moving my eye from the viewfinder...
also minimum focusing distance is 65cm , i like more 50mm lenses that have shorter minimum focusing distance

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The aperture on mine was sticky when I got it and the other day when using it something broke and now the aperture ring just spins uselessly so it's now junk.

All 6 Helios 44s I have are good, but as you say, the quality control was patchy in the USSR.

I like both shots, the bokeh on the uncropped one is good. The crop really stands out though, so I prefer that one, very very nice work.

I don't think I'm going to bother getting another I-50, I'm going to get a Pentacon 2.4/50 pancake instead, not much larger.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
The aperture on mine was sticky when I got it and the other day when using it something broke and now the aperture ring just spins uselessly so it's now junk.

well they are really cheap, so it shouldn't set you back financially to get another at some point...

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

well they are really cheap, so it shouldn't set you back financially to get another at some point...

Very true, they are the second most common lens to see secondhand after the Helios-44 and just as cheap.

Your pics are good enough to make me think another I-50 wouldn't be a bad thing...

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

The lens is very good. I didn't use it. But should like to do.

Good contrast and resolution power. Good 3D.

It seems to be very useful like a macro lens, using a short tube.

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be interesting to compare it to the CZJ 2.8/50 Tessar...

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Be interesting to compare it to the CZJ 2.8/50 Tessar...

Wich version of the tessar?

Western's contaflex o contarex serie? CZJ aluminium, lethearette, zebra, all black latter, C/Y?

Good job to do, isn't it?

Rino

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm impressed with its IQ !
Contrast, colours and sharpness are very good.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it should be compared with the CZJ tessar 3.5/50 since its a copy of it ...

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keysersoze27 wrote:
Well it should be compared with the CZJ tessar 3.5/50 since its a copy of it ...

well, send it to me and i'll compare it Wink Wink Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one in the pic is not mine Razz

I've got my exakta alum one for ~35 euros some years ago and just won some days ago a m42 chrome-alum version of it for 45 euros... so you can buy one easily and cheaply Wink

Search the Mflenses archive for this lens .... you might be surprised about it and it's 3D capabilities Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples using E-M5