Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Someone has experience to disassemble trioplan 100 ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Someone has experience to disassemble trioplan 100 ? Reply with quote

Hi !

My lens has "only" over 50 years, I'd like to clean inside dust (not much)
Is it easy operation (triplet lens) or need technical know-how ?
See this link: http://camerajunky.wordpress.com/2012/09/09/meyer-optik-gorlitz-trioplan-100mm-f2-8/
Another question, what product do you use to clean aluminum oxidation from silver barrel ?
My lens work fine, It is in VG conditions, but I'm thinking at a lifting Smile

Regards

Pasquale

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't do it, actually it is a high value lens, risky to clean if you need to ask how... and result will not better at all, dust harm only if fully cover lens surface makes less contrast and this lens has no high contrast anyway.

Try silver cleaning clothes , chemical to polish aluminium barrel , simple tooth paste , not jelly one works okay too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
Don't do it with a nice vintage lens, find a pro to do it.
If you want to learn how to do it, get some cheap mass produced lenses(Helios 44-2, FD 50/1.8......) take them apart, put them back together, if it still works and focuses properly then success! there are some threads which will help with tools etc...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Someone has experience to disassemble trioplan 100 ? Reply with quote

versanteest wrote:
Hi !

My lens has "only" over 50 years, I'd like to clean inside dust (not much)
Is it easy operation (triplet lens) or need technical know-how ?
See this link: http://camerajunky.wordpress.com/2012/09/09/meyer-optik-gorlitz-trioplan-100mm-f2-8/
Another question, what product do you use to clean aluminum oxidation from silver barrel ?
My lens work fine, It is in VG conditions, but I'm thinking at a lifting Smile

Regards

Pasquale

If you have zero experience: don't do it. Trioplan might be very easy to disassemble like the jupiters, but if not: you'll need some experience to open and especially close the lens properly (and collimation might be necessary). No problem on a cheap lens, but throwing a expensive lens away is bogus.
Aluminium oxidation: use lemon juice or any other (stronger) acid or just good old rubbing with toothpaste or silver/brass polish.
Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Trioplan is not easy at all. It has a screw you can't reach easily. The problem is you very easily can get the blades of the diaphragm out of their axles and if you did that you need to open it all up, including getting to this screw. You can not simply stop and get it back together from the point you didn't manage to go further.

@versanteest: Let it as it is, including the polishing. Do you have worms in your back?

@Dogtag: I don't even dare to correct you, after I read the OP's posting. Aluminium oxidation will best cleaned with strong alcali, not acid. I hope the OP don't apply this and destroy a fine lens.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens, and the focusing is stiff...I would love it to be smooth and buttery... Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dropmyload wrote:
I have the same lens, and the focusing is stiff...I would love it to be smooth and buttery... Smile

put into focus device a petrol drop , really only a drop, keep lens horizontal and rotate it, in lucky case old dry grease will melt a bit and don't go to glass! it will be better but risky.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petrol sound scary...I think I'll just wait until I find a good repair shop