Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lowlight Portraits with the Biotar 75
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Lowlight Portraits with the Biotar 75 Reply with quote

this lens is pretty stunning; maybe the best all around lens ive ever used. the only digi cam i have with which to use it is the gxr m mount, with a couple of adapters. while i absolutely love the gxr, it is not a stellar low light performer, and the lens clearly outresolves the sensor in difficult conditions like those below. it forced me to actually use a flash on some shots, something i hardly ever do. its also pretty darned awkward on the tiny gxr. but all said, i'm pretty happy with the results. c&c always welcome.
tony

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good results, Tony.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much orio. i hope your summer is going well, its been lovely in the states--at least in new york.
tony

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
thank you so much orio. i hope your summer is going well, its been lovely in the states--at least in new york.
tony

Here it's currently "Africa-style", with temperatures not far from 40°C in mid day, so I don't go out at all photographing. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Tony, I am glad you not sold it Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omar: thank you. i felt that way too. thats what i strive to get, candid moments that capture some feeling. i very much appreciate your comments.

orio: wow, thats waaay too hot! very pleasant here, in the 70s F mostly.

attila: thanks! yes, you were right, its the closest ive come to having a 'magical' lens. i think i will probably sell my other 75--its just a voigtlander! ):
tony

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots Tony - glad to see you're enjoying that lens. I really like the first one.

I wish Calgary had the sort of weather you've all been describing. The sky has been variable shades of grey here for what seems like ages, but at least the flood-waters have receded and I can park my car at home again. I must pist the flood photos I managed to get just before I got evacuated from my building.

Lochlann

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful shots Tony!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much dr klaus. i looked at your link to 'travelmeetsfood' and found it interesting. are you connected to the blogger?

lochlan: thanks. sorry to hear things have been so terrible weather-wise that you had to evacuate, my gosh! hope things are getting back to normal and your family and home are in good shape.
tony