Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Weird experience with rear part of Cyclop
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Weird experience with rear part of Cyclop Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

Last night, I decided to do something with the useless rear part of my Cyclop 85mm/1.5 non-Helios40 version.

The protuberent rear part is made of a peace of metal and a groupe of 2 optics, with bright blue coating. So, I decided to make a monocle with it, just to see the result (didn't expected something at all). I kind of fixed it to a macro extension ring, screwed it to helicoïdale adapter, then to my Nex (I prefer to not show how it look Laughing ). It's naturely totaly reversible.

Here is a photo I made with it (increased structure, constrast and exposure with PS) :

It glows like hell, and don't even try to find any sharpness. But I kind of appreciate the result...well, personnal taste Smile . At least, it's not an everyday shot Very Happy .

Best reguards,

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that, very impressionistic and a little surreal too. Definitely something worth further experimentation! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artistic flare! Cyclops had ramped at ebay to more than the double it was after this pic.

I like the shot, seems to me like an watercolor illuminated from behind,

Very Happy

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks cool, I use mine as magnifier Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, worth trying again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another try with this peace of lens, this time on 5D, with other PS treatment :

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW it's totally Pre-Raphaelite.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice discovery. Now we just have to figure how to use the front part Smile.