Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trioplan 100 2,8 --- a shot of glass :)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Trioplan 100 2,8 --- a shot of glass :) Reply with quote

Hi !

I just got back from a popular/fair market near my city ... I found a trioplan 100. I think that the bayonet is exakta.
Someone can confirm to me bayonet type ?

No mushrooms, diaphragm ok, just with a little (very little) of dust.

I paid 25 Euros Smile)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I guess this is my lucky day Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Regards

Pasquale

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, that's a bargain price for this lens Smile

( In case you didn't like it... Wink )

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch. Especially when you look at the auction prices on ebay, more than 250 $ now ! Confused Crazy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Trioplan 100 2,8 --- a shot of glass :) Reply with quote

versanteest wrote:
Hi !

I just got back from a popular/fair market near my city ... I found a trioplan 100. I think that the bayonet is exakta.

Yes, Exakta mount.

That's a great price, congrats.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Trioplan 100 2,8 --- a shot of glass :) Reply with quote

fuzzywuzzy wrote:
versanteest wrote:
Hi !

Yes, Exakta mount.

That's a great price, congrats.

THX 4 TO confirm bayonet

Re far de

Pasquale

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great catch! Congrats!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulation!
Have fun with the Trioplan 100 - my favorite lens Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrat... for sure this is your lucky day, have a look on this:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Meyer-Optik-Gorlitz-Trioplan-2-8-100-defekt-/330971313736?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive&hash=item4d0f6d7648

Some guys are fighting for a defective one at a much higher price...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cambug wrote:
Congrat... for sure this is your lucky day, have a look on this:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Meyer-Optik-Gorlitz-Trioplan-2-8-100-defekt-/330971313736?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive&hash=item4d0f6d7648

Some guys are fighting for a defective one at a much higher price...

I wasn't sure how long time ago but I remember seeing a functional copy with a buy it now price around that final bidding price. I guess I should have bought it Sad

Will the price of this lens go even higher in the future?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I have the ability to tell the future, first thing first would be to hit the jackpot of the highest lottery prize... Joking aside, 10 years ago not may people other than Japanese photographers, would really care about bokeh performance of a lens. Gradaully more and more photographers are checking the bokeh of their pictures, the former shortcomings of a lens now turned into a character that they are looking for. I believe that certain type of bokeh may be obtained by lenses of similar design, in this case a Trioplan bokeh may be obtained by similar triplet lenses. Try it out and let the results tell the truth, at this moment, other triplets are still at a reasonable prices...

While its bokeh is interesting, Trioplan may also be used in portraiture fully opened. At 100mm with full frame, the focal length is just right and less sharpness can be a viture for the face, this softness produced is different from using softer filters which are a bit too artificial to my taste. However not too many examples are available for this use...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portrait use is good use for the Trioplan.
At the moment I have made only pictures I can not show. But I hope to get some images for my website "soon" (probably next month).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice catch - and the glass looks great! Congratulations!

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cambug wrote:
I wish I have the ability to tell the future, first thing first would be to hit the jackpot of the highest lottery prize... Joking aside, 10 years ago not may people other than Japanese photographers, would really care about bokeh performance of a lens. Gradaully more and more photographers are checking the bokeh of their pictures, the former shortcomings of a lens now turned into a character that they are looking for. I believe that certain type of bokeh may be obtained by lenses of similar design, in this case a Trioplan bokeh may be obtained by similar triplet lenses. Try it out and let the results tell the truth, at this moment, other triplets are still at a reasonable prices...

While its bokeh is interesting, Trioplan may also be used in portraiture fully opened. At 100mm with full frame, the focal length is just right and less sharpness can be a viture for the face, this softness produced is different from using softer filters which are a bit too artificial to my taste. However not too many examples are available for this use...

Great lens indeed.
I was asking because if I put myself into versanteest's shoes, I might not be able to resist the temptation of selling it because my mind keeps telling me whenever I use it, the opportunity cost of using it is possibly $400 USD or more. I haven't used this lens before so was wondering if it's really worth that much. I guess value differs from different people. In the end it comes down to "Bokeh vs Money", and I guess Bokeh wins for many of us here? Razz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yahvel wrote:
im impressed
And I'm jealous Confused

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mzzyhmd wrote:
Yahvel wrote:
im impressed
And I'm jealous Confused

Take a Meyer Diaplan 100mm/2.98 projection lens for the same effect - need some DIY for helicoid and mount. No iris.
Or take a Meyer Görlitz Priomtar 135mm/3.5.