Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Taking apart a CZJ Flektogon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Taking apart a CZJ Flektogon Reply with quote

I'm wondering about the Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm f/2.8 with the chrome body in exakta mount (not the zebra version).

I've found plenty of guides to disassemble the optical block of this lens, but I haven't found any information how to just get to the heliocoid. This lens just needs to be relubed, but there are no screws on the mount to take it apart and unfortunately, the front ring is dented, so I imagine removing the name ring to be rather difficult. I also would prefer NOT to take apart the optical block as it's in excellent condition and I don't want to risk opening it up if I don't have to.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Pictures:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Taking apart a CZJ Flektogon Reply with quote

petrichordesign wrote:
I'm wondering about the Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm f/2.8 with the chrome body in exakta mount (not the zebra version).

I've found plenty of guides to disassemble the optical block of this lens, but I haven't found any information how to just get to the heliocoid. This lens just needs to be relubed, but there are no screws on the mount to take it apart and unfortunately, the front ring is dented, so I imagine removing the name ring to be rather difficult. I also would prefer NOT to take apart the optical block as it's in excellent condition and I don't want to risk opening it up if I don't have to.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Pictures:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The front ring has to go off in order to reach the helicoid. You may try: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1198644.html to undo the dent. If it can't be straightened out to unscrew the front ring you may consider cutting it, but you may damage the front glass.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonzoo wrote:
The front ring has to go off in order to reach the helicoid. You may try: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1198644.html to undo the dent. If it can't be straightened out to unscrew the front ring you may consider cutting it, but you may damage the front glass.

The problem is that there isn't a filter ring, per say. There's about a half millimeter lip before the front ring. I'm not sure if that's normal or not. Either way it would make undenting it a bit hard. I can cerrainly give it a try though. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I said filter ring, I meant the front ring. The one with the lens name printed on. This has to go off.

What do you mean, what kind of lip? Is there an extra retaining ring above the front ring?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonzoo wrote:
When I said filter ring, I meant the front ring. The one with the lens name printed on. This has to go off.

What do you mean, what kind of lip? Is there an extra retaining ring above the front ring?

Right, I knew what you meant, I was talking about un-denting the ring. Sorry I should have clarified. It might be problematic to un-dent the ring because there's no filter thread, just a tiny little lip. I'll give it a whirl, though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now I got it Smile

As mentioned before: cutting the front ring might be an option, if you can do it without harming the glass there will be more space available to fix the dent.