Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 200 3.5 T4 , suprising results @ 3.5 and who made it
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Soligor 200 3.5 T4 , suprising results @ 3.5 and who made it Reply with quote

I've had this lens for years and never tried it on digital. I was somewhat pleased with it wide open ( all shots were @ 3.5 ). Any ideas on the manufacturer ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what great performance, I would be surprised too. I think it's a Tokina.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T4=Tokina
There are three versions of the 200/3.5 T4 lens BTW.
They give different results.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results, my 200 / 4.5 Soligor is also a good lens. It's a Tokina according to the serial number although the focus mark is different.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For wide open those results are simply awesome.
Assuming it will improve at f8 (f8 and everything's great) it would be great to see some further images if you have the time.
Thanks for sharing these - five stars from me!
OH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning results! That lens looks kinda heavy.... Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good results, congratz Wink

Never underestimate a Soligor, especially not Tokina and Tamron made ones Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

200mm is good usually from any vendor even Soligor , Vivitar , better brand has more details, contrast, microcontrast .

I also vote for Tokina I had same lens labelled to Vivitar I remember for results was pretty shocking just like you have, congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few at f/8 for oldhand

nice ear ring

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
200mm is good usually from any vendor even Soligor , Vivitar , better brand has more details, contrast, microcontrast .

I also vote for Tokina I had same lens labelled to Vivitar I remember for results was pretty shocking just like you have, congrats!

'Pretty shocking' in England means very bad. Sometimes things don't translate too well!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm , ok

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice result.
Definitely a lens worth using frequently.
Well done.
OH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the results speak for themselves. No translation necessary. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Attila wrote:

'Pretty shocking' in England means very bad. Sometimes things don't translate too well!

Many thanks! What is right expression ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocking is perfectly fine to use in this context as far as I am concerned.
Anyone in America would find it just slightly unusual but appropriate and even refreshingly interesting wordplay.
English is a very varied flexible and uncontrolled language.
What is wrong in one place may seem creatively charming somewhere else.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Shocked' rather than 'shocking' would be better. We would generally say "I was shocked by how good the lens was" if it was good, and "the lens was shocking" if it was bad.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A last one at f/8. My girls were waiting for me to finish playing with that danged camera and finish our walk !

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J. Smith wrote:
My girls were waiting for me to finish playing with that danged camera and finish our walk !

My dog knows those situations as well. Sometimes he just sits and waits, but more often he has this look of reproach towards me. Or he even comes circling around me and interfering with m subjects. Smile