Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapter stuck on MIR 26B
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Adapter stuck on MIR 26B Reply with quote

I am having difficulty in removing the Pentacon six - M42 adapter from my MIR 26B lens. Can anyone tell me which way the adapter ring should be rotated to remove it. I tried both directions with no success and I do not want to force it too much.

When I hold the lens towards me, do I rotate the adapter clock-wise or counter-clock-wise?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Around middle of page in first couple of post your will find proper answer to your question.

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=28786

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila. Still no success. I must have over tightened it. I'll try to get some jar openers and try again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those P6 adapters are well-known for jamming on. You eventually get the feel of them and only tighten them just enough to stay on, but the metal to metal contact is at too shallow an angle I think, perhaps too large an area, and possibly rougher than it should be, so friction welding of a light sort happens.