Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 21A-Pentax K-01.... King Parrots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Jupiter 21A-Pentax K-01.... King Parrots Reply with quote

It was an exercise in focusing frustration...learning to use focus peaking on a distant subject in amongst branches etc Very Happy It was well worth the effort I think, here are some of the better ones.

#1 Down in the grass

#2 A little bit of sunshine makes the difference.

#3 When will you look at me???

#4 Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photographs Mo.

I have taken a lot of Rainbow Lorikeet photographs myself. Taking shots at distance is very difficult because of the narrow depth of field. Getting correct focus is very difficult when using a long lens. I think I have had similar experiences to what you have just described.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that I am using an LCD screen is very unfamiliar to me.Add to that I am new to using focus peaking with a long lens. I find it does not clearly show the exact focal point.There were quite a few images that the focus was just in front or to the side of the parrot Very Happy

What I mean by focal point is...
You have the highlighted area (the focus peaking feature) but if your subject falls in that area it's not clear should you aim to place the subject in the middle ,back or front of the highlighted area..I try and place the subject somewhere in the middle of the "focus peaking' area. Does this make sense?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
The fact that I am using an LCD screen is very unfamiliar to me.Add to that I am new to using focus peaking with a long lens. I find it does not clearly show the exact focal point.There were quite a few images that the focus was just in front or to the side of the parrot Very Happy

What I mean by focal point is...
You have the highlighted area (the focus peaking feature) but if your subject falls in that area it's not clear should you aim to place the subject in the middle ,back or front of the highlighted area..I try and place the subject somewhere in the middle of the "focus peaking' area. Does this make sense?

Give it time. You'll work it out and get used to it. As I said, I'm having the exact same issues with my Tamron 103A zoom. I'm starting to learn the limits of the lens and am now producing decent images. I'm beginning to really like the lens as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO better to exercise on a still subject. You can play with the focus back and forth and then check and compare the results.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the K-01 allow also focus magnification? I find it very useful with the nex and tele lens

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots mo, #4 is very nice. This sort of shooting is very difficult, especially using an LCD screen to focus.