Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vega 7, f2, 20mm C-mounrt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:41 pm    Post subject: Vega 7, f2, 20mm C-mounrt Reply with quote

So my Pentax Q to C mount adapter finally arrived and I'm like HA HA! My portable 100mm fov little telescope is here! But alas something is not quite right.

I think the lens has been apart and the focusing helicoid put on backwards, a rotation out? The distance scale seems to be moving in opposite direction to the distance marked, and it's presenting some strange behavior. The lens should focus from 0.4m - Infin but I'm getting past infin, and then say back down to ~6m. So I best get some tools out and have a wee little play.

There looks like there is going to be enough resolution for what i was after so can't wait to have it focusing properly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So got it working a little better...

But turns out the little Pentax Q isn't very fun with clumsy manual lenses.

The ergonomics of the camera made sense when you didn't need to really interact with the lens, once you do I find it becomes awkward, clunky, and the focus peaking system on the dimly lit screen is pretty useless.

Gah! I love my Q, just not with old lenses!

Oh well, now I know.

VIV LA LEARNING!