Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus OM Zuiko 40mm f2 pancake
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Olympus OM Zuiko 40mm f2 pancake Reply with quote

I could get a Zuiko 40/2 pancake lens for what seems to be a very attractive price in a package with a couple of other lenses. The asking price of this lens on eBay is ridiculous at about 460 euro and up.

What could be considered fair market value today, I mean what would the lens possibly sell for if advertised on forums with nice pictures and a good description. The lens is near mint with both caps.

I would probably not keep this lens, the profit would be used to finance other lens purchases.

Any owners of this lens here? This Zuiko is supposed to be something of a collectors item. Some say it gives a nice 3D effect.

Last edited by Pontus on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Olympus OM Zuiko 40mm f2 lenses that are actually selling have gone for between US$300 and US$412.
There are other lenses that have higher asking prices but do not sell.
If you can buy cheaper than this and offer for sale you should make a profit.
Good luck
OH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I monitor the price of this lens for a while last year. I remember that one in great condition with accessories could probably fetch as much as $500. The $300 must be a beat up lens which shipped to US address only.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus made a series fast lens from 21mm f2 to longer, certainly if somebody have big wallet to take all he will not miss 40mm f2 I think only this interest plus rarity keep it's price high , I doubt it's offer anything above other lenses in this range.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my notes, a "superb" sample sold on eBay in UK for £258.99 inc shipping on 8/8/2012. Prior to that a "mint" sample sold for £249.99 inc shipping on 16/7/2011. On the same day a sample with a dented filter rim and described as needing a clean sold for £173.50.

As Attilla says, the high price is due to rarity and demand from collectors.

Mark