Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon-TV 1.8/75 on NEX-3 - the Fuji Biotar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Fujinon-TV 1.8/75 on NEX-3 - the Fuji Biotar Reply with quote

This is a superb lens, it has a Biotar formula. Sharp at all apertures with very good CA control - CA is present on the OOF areas at f1.8 and a tiny bit at f2.8 but disappears after that.

It only just and so covers the APS-C sensor, wide opn the corners are a little dark, but once you stop down, that disappears.

Bokeh is so smooth, at 1.8 it has some swirl.

These are all wide open at f1.8, no PP, just resize for web.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First three are f2.8.. last one is f4. Contrast is excellent and there is a bit of pop too, indicating good microcontrast. It's a very well made lens, all metal, very solid feeling.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cousin also tried this lens and found it is a very good lens with good contrast and color even though he prefer the Cosmicar 75mm F1.9 for more "characters".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats , great lens indeed, well presented!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys, it's a lens well worth having if you see one at a good price.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Cheers guys, it's a lens well worth having...

I believe you!

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
... if you see one at a good price.

I guess that's the problem. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I waited nearly 3 years to find this one. I once bought a pair of them dirt cheap, badly listed, but I recognised them from the blurry photo. Sold one of them for 10x what I paid for the pair, then got greedy and sold the other one too, so I made a massive profit. Always regretted selling both though, so when I saw this one at a very good price, I snapped it up, and it's mint, like new. Smile

These c-mount Fujinons are hard to find cheap now, they have become well known as great lenses.

I went for a walk again and took this lens as I enjoyed using it this morning. The excellent contrast makes it really easy to focus, the NEX's focus peaking is accurate with it even wide open, which I can't say for many other lenses.

All wide open, which is unusual for me, no PP:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few more. First 2 at f4, the rest at f8.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, it's the light that makes all the difference, so rare to have this great light here. It's a beautiful part of the world when the weather is like this. The green scenery is 500m from my house, it's great to be able to walk half a km and be in the countryside, another half a km and you can imagine there is no town, just endless green.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more I shot around the house today, both wide open, no PP just resize forweb.

I need to find some more of those Fujinons, just adore how this one renders.