Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 24mm F2.8 Minolta SR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD 24mm F2.8 Minolta SR Reply with quote

The lens was also used for Elmarit-R 24/2.8, sharp lens. This is not the latest
version which has slightly different optically. When Minolta started MD series
lenses, they dropped the letter "ROKKOR" from the lens' names.

1. kinda famous shop in TO, NEX5, C1(Capture One)

2. Susuki @f8, NEX5, C1

3. New condos in down town TO @f5.6, NEX5, C1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for these Minolta/Rokkor samples - this 24 looks to have pretty good performance Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this Rokkor 24mm lens has well controlled coma-aberration, though
the camera used is Sony NEX5 which is not a full frame.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koji -- I have a lens marked MD W.Rokkor-X 24mm -- is this the same lens as yours? I've had it for a couple of years, but just used it for the first time yesterday. Yours produced great results!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:
Koji -- I have a lens marked MD W.Rokkor-X 24mm -- is this the same lens as yours? I've had it for a couple of years, but just used it for the first time yesterday. Yours produced great results!

This should be the same lens but with a 'final check' mechanism for the X-range of cameras. Possibly the coatings may be better if Koji's lens is an early model. Otherwise it's exactly the same.