Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Biotar 75mm f1.5 slim post war portrait
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Biotar 75mm f1.5 slim post war portrait Reply with quote

#1 is natural, #3 is vivid shoot at F2.8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one for me...excellent, but maybe it's my monitor as in this shot I can see a very faint green cast (which doesn't suit skin) maybe it's the reflection from green leaves (or whatever)........ I'm willing to except being out voted on my nit picking view Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say vivid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes green cast reflexion I saw on raw too, was shoot in Vivid mode of NEX-3 , raw looks like #3 conversion made it to #1 on #3 I did boost saturation, I like also vivid and b&w best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good one Attila.
My preferences are these:

2) Light but no color,
3) Color but no light
1) The winner: color and light can be perfectly perceived and cooperate with the person/model/wife portrait, which is the main purpose of this shot.

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Renato!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done, wonderful with that black veil, adds some mystery...

#1 for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Klaus, B&W perhaps fit best for style.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, skin and dress look better in vivid, eyes and background look better in normal.

The green colour tint is ok with me, I'm not of the party of those who think that whatever the real life condition is,
a picture should always be white-neutralized.
We experience the world with such tints, and it's good for me to find them again in photos. I'd hate a world that is
white-balanced everywhere and at any time of the day.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Orio!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viewing on ipad2 and ipad4, #3 is ok, but both 1 and 3 are good

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

The green colour tint is ok with me, I'm not of the party of those who think that whatever the real life condition is,
a picture should always be white-neutralized.
We experience the world with such tints, and it's good for me to find them again in photos. I'd hate a world that is
white-balanced everywhere and at any time of the day.

Well you have to be careful with human skin as it could look dirty or someone could look ill with the wrong colour cast. The face can be a barometer of health to a doctor and to ordinary people who notice these things, even eyes can show some possible medical problems....BTW I'm not saying Attila's partner has any problem as she is beautiful.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila - you ever noticed that if you put "biotar" or "pancolar" to google picture search you get this same person on the first row of results ..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Attila - you ever noticed that if you put "biotar" or "pancolar" to google picture search you get this same person on the first row of results ..

Smile yes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to choose between #1 and #3, but #3 for me, it is more vivid!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile thank you!