Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helsinki Zoo with Canon FL 55/1.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Helsinki Zoo with Canon FL 55/1.2 Reply with quote

I put this lens to some use with my Olympus EP-2 at the zoo (indoor section). I think it did ok.

#2 - Pygmy Marmosat

#3 - Pygmy Marmosat

#5 - Couldn't nail the focus on this one

#6 - Rosewood beetle

#7 - Rosewood beetle

C&C most welcome.

Edit: Forgot to mention these are all taken wide open.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PP makes them alive , more bright more saturated fit more well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila. Yes with these subjects brighter and colorful looks better. Did you mean add more of these adjustments or like they are?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he meant to add more. I was thinking the same thing. Sharpness is good, but contrast and saturation are a little soft.

For example:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i agree also. the ep2 is, imo, very underrated. i used it for years and i still miss it a little bit from time to time. i think this partivular lens renders a tad flat, though sharp. so turning up those elements in PP makes them more interesting to look at.

just a suggestion, as a cheap experiment see if you can pick up a konica ar 57/1.4 and compare it to the FL. i absolutely loved that lens on the ep2, and its color rendition and contrast really come through.
tony

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael did it, simple 1 click auto tone color, auto contrast works well

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael. I was a bit cautious worrying I would overdo it. Will correct and update.

Tony, I agree with you. The EP2 is indeed a great camera under right circumstances. It struggles with high ISO and no focus peaking, but shines in colour rendition, handling, etc. No plans on expanding lens collection Laughing but will keep the Konica in mind for future!