Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax III
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Contax III Reply with quote

Hi I need some help,

I received a Contax III with broken ribbons, after installing them I realized that the ribbons were not the only fault, the shutter speeds are wrong , I mean, setting on 1/1250 gives me kind of 1/5 and setting 1/5 gives me 1/1250 (more or less anyway) my question is, does anyone here has re adjusted the mechanism (not the ribbons) of a Contax shutter, or has a guide or something that can help me figure out how to fix it?

(I am not looking and will not to send it to a repair person)

I already have googled around and the only info available is about the ribbon change (rick orleson, kiev survival, rangefinder forum, etc)

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speeds problem solved !!!!

All thanks to Steve Ash.

Now to replace the selenium cell, any suggestions????

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it III or IIIa?

here is Kiev guide
http://www3.telus.net/public/rpnchbck/exposure%20meter.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a contax III

Thanks for the link

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After inspection the selenium cell was working nicely, just needed clean and adjustment, just new light seals and the camera will be back to business!!!!