Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Did I pay Too Much ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Did I pay Too Much ? Reply with quote

Just received Konica Autoreflex T with 57mm f1.4,Tamron 80-210mm Adaptall 2 103A.Tamron 01f 2x, Vivitar 285 flash.batteries for camera,manuals for all equipment and original invoices +hoods...$39.59 all in mint condition,like new.How good is 57mm f1.4 and how does Autoreflex compare with T3?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 57/1.4 is an amazing lens. It's one of those old fast normals that are sharp and have a lot of characters, and one of the best among them. Mine has blades a bit sticky, and I haven't still found time to open it and clean them, but I always bring it in the bag even if the iris doesn't work perfectly.
The 103A is a solid performer, and the Teleconverter will be a really nice match for your 19AH (not only for that of course).

Congrats for the bargain.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no too much!

The 1.4/57 alone is worth that money! It's one of my gems for the NEX.
And the Tamron also is a nice lens. Congrats!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about Konica, but the Vivitar 285 is worth more than what you paid for everything, especially if it's the 2nd version that has the black (not gray) back. Same goes for that Tamron 2x. It routinely sells for what you paid for the outfit or a bit more. It's a great TC by the way.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael.yes it is the black one,I already have 2Tamron 80-210 but it doesn't hurt to have another for resale.The Autoreflex T is as new not a mark on it,what interested me most was the 57mm it had a iens cap on in sales pic but as far as I know Konica only made 2 57mm lenses,the f1.2 & f1.4 so i figured I couldn't lose, the f1.4 sells around the $250 range and this one is also in mint condition.Nice to have all Manuals and original invoices.Regards kryss.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Did I pay Too Much ? Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Did I pay Too Much ? ... $39.59 all in mint condition, like new.

You know the answer, why do you ask?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billie..I am retired and get lonely,so thanks for your time in asking.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.... i paid 40 euros for the 1.4/57 last week... and i thought it wasn't expensive! You've got a bargain!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:

Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne. yes you got a good price,have you had time yo try it yet,mine only arrived yesterday PM.Regards.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultrapix..I never can resist a touch of sarcasm.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Kryss... unfortunately not! On the other hand: i just had to play with the Steinheil Quinar! Laughing

I will this weekend though, it's a highly regarded lens, so i am a bit curious! Just received my Konica to NEX adapter today!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne..I hear it's awesome on the Nex. I have an Autoreflex T and Konica T3 and will also find a way to use on my Pentax K20D.Happy shooting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May not common knowledge, Konica was oldest Japanese maker just like Voigtlander in Europe, they made highly respected pricely items,
price level dropped only in digital era. All Konica is bargain today, hence people learn slowly how they are great on mirror less cameras.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started with 3.5/135, 3.5/28 and 1.8/40 on an FS-1 filmbody. Results were very very satisfying! Since then i bought the 1.7/55 and the 1.4/57.
Finally today my NEX adapter was delivered, so i can start using them at last on digital!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:

You are welcome, kryssie.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Laughing I was going to ask the same question...great answer by the way....and a great bargain. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulation on your purchase kryss! Very Happy

I envy with you guys, in your place (Europe and America especially) you can find these good lenses in a local camera store or flea market and bought it for a good deal
here in Indonesia, very hard to find a good deal price and if I buy through ebay, I have to pay additional shipping cost. which means the overall price becomes more expensive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kopi234.... Thanks for your reply,tell me more about yourself,what type of photos do you like shooting and with what equipment,I shoot mainly Macro flowers and I am sure there are many exotic species where you are located.It could be possible that depending on equipment you like to purchase we could form a friendship and find your needs cheaper here and make arrangements to buy on your behalf and then ship it to you.Think of an item you would need and we could do a trial run and see if it was feasible.Regards kryss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Hi kopi234.... Thanks for your reply,tell me more about yourself,what type of photos do you like shooting and with what equipment,I shoot mainly Macro flowers and I am sure there are many exotic species where you are located.It could be possible that depending on equipment you like to purchase we could form a friendship and find your needs cheaper here and make arrangements to buy on your behalf and then ship it to you.Think of an item you would need and we could do a trial run and see if it was feasible.Regards kryss

it would be very help, thank you for your kindness. I'm glad to have a friend like you. Very Happy

I'm new to photography, so I shoot everything that interest me.
I use Nikon D60 with several nikkor and m42 lenses. Currently, I have no plans to buy lenses, I'm saving to buy a mirrorless camera.
sure, I'll contact you if I was going to buy a lens.

many endemic species of plants and animals here in Indonesia, maybe you know about komodo, orang-utans, bunga bangkai (Amorphophallus titanum) and patma raksasa(rafflessia arnoldii) for example. i believe Indonesia is the world's second largest biodiversity.

btw just call me ryan, that's my real name.

warm regards from Indonesia Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ryan, i have been Photographer more than 50 years and still sell my work.I have never heard of Bunga Bangkai orPatamaRaksasa send pics if you can and also some pics of local exotic flowers.Regards

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Hi Ryan, i have been Photographer more than 50 years and still sell my work.I have never heard of Bunga Bangkai orPatamaRaksasa send pics if you can and also some pics of local exotic flowers.Regards

I made a couple shot of flowers, not sure if both are local exotic flowers.

I dont have any photos of patma and bunga bangkai, both are endangered flowers.
You can read the info on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amorphophallus_titanum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafflesia_arnoldii

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots.